English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Tutor

Job Expired

Job Details

The role:
The Centre for Academic Language and Development (CALD) is seeking to appoint a permanent English for Academic Purposes (EAP) tutor with a start date in February 2024. We aspire to be a cutting-edge Centre that works with all individuals to develop their communication in academic contexts. To do this we work in line with 6 principles: development, reflexivity, transparency, autonomy, collaboration and transferability. If you feel that our Centre principles are a good fit for your own, then we look forward to receiving an application from you detailing how you can contribute to the Centre’s success. In turn, we will work with you to further your development as an EAP practitioner.

What will you be doing?
As an EAP tutor at CALD, you will be expected to teach across all areas of our provision, both on campus and online, during the regular academic year and parts of the summer. You can see more details of our provision on our website. You will be working 1554 hours per year after leave, bank holidays and closure days. 70% of your work will need to be done during the two main teaching blocks and the summer period when students are with us. The remaining 30% consists of Individual and Centre Development time, which is more flexible and allows for considerable autonomy as well as collaboration with colleagues.

You should apply if:
As well as wide-ranging experience in EAP teaching, you hold a Masters and Diploma in the area of English Language Teaching or Applied Linguistics, and are working towards a claim for BALEAP TEAP Fellowship.

In addition to being able to adapt existing materials to meet the needs of groups of mixed nationalities and levels, you should have an interest in developing materials to share with colleagues. For short-listed candidates, as part of your application, you will be asked to evidence your ability to produce such materials.

You should see assessment and feedback as part of pedagogy, and be willing and able to identify needs and respond to them in order to maximise student engagement. The pre-interview task for short-listed candidates will consist of an online feedback exercise. Both feedback and materials will be discussed at interview.

Job Salary & Benefits

£37,099 – £41,732 per annum

Further Information

For the full job listing please see here: https://www.bristol.ac.uk/jobs/find/details/?jobId=333838&jobTitle=English%20for%20Academic%20Purposes%20(EAP)%20Tutor

More Information

  • This job has expired!
Share this job
Company Information